1. Keep all your sharp tools in one place, just remember not to run with them.
2. A stitch in time saves nine: make sure you always have thread ready on your needle.
3. When using coloured pencils, it is common courtesy to sharpen them for your guests.
4. Mushrooms are one of the wonders of nature: treat them with respect! Their sacrifice should be worthy of the best risotto.
5. Measuring tape does not measure worth: use it sparingly on yourself and others.
6. Cats and yarn should never be in the same place at the same time. Keep your yarn where you can see it and your cat where it can’t.
7. You can never have too many flowers.
8. Always set the nicest table you possibly can. Use all your pretty silverware and your good plates. Life is too short to eat shabbily.
9. Always leave the sports newspaper nicely folded for the next person who wants to get mad over it.
10. And remember: there ain’t no mountain high enough.